I have to be honest, most of the time my blog consists of winging about how I have been traumatised by shitty father figures and how unlucky I have been in love. It can be a little on the depressing side.
Today, I would like to discuss some of the reasons that I am amazing and the qualities that a man will one day be lucky to experience.
1. I will never stop trying to be better. I will never get to the point where I am completely satisfied with my relationship or career because I will always strive to make things better. Therefore, my relationship/s won’t stagnate. And who wouldn’t want to date a person who is always trying to make themselves a better human being?
2. I am a tactile person. I like to touch and feel different textures. I’m good when working with my hands and they are probably the only co-ordinated part of my body. I can knit, crochet, cook, give a great massage and have surprisingly good reflexes.
3. I am a good listener. Sure, I like to complain A LOT but because of this I am really good at listening. I’m probably the best person to complain to because I will always take your side and support you by also hating on the person/situation. Had a bad day at work? Tell me about it. Struggling with a family issue? I’ll hear all about it.
4. I will support you in just about any situation. Like listening to your problems and concerns, I will also support you in your decisions. If you want to quit your job and start a university degree, then let’s talk about the options. And I’m 100% behind smaller decisions like wanting to change your hair or developing a new fashion style. I will sit there and google pictures with you.
5. I am honest. Probably to my detriment. I know that men and women communicate differently, so my aim is to be open and honest with my communication so that there is no confusion caused by me. And I don’t want to keep secrets from my boyfriend/husband. If you ask me, then I will tell you.
6. I don’t need gifts to know that I am loved (other than birthdays and Christmas). In fact, I would prefer nearly any other expression of love. All I need is your time and good intentions.
7. I love pets. Well, everything that is not a reptile. And I think that when you make the decision to bring a pet into the family, then you’ve made a commitment to that pet to care for it for the rest of its life. The pet becomes part of your family, like a child or a sibling. And I am ridiculously passionate about this.
8. I love to cook. I don’t know why, but I seem to think that it is my aim in life to fatten everyone up. Or maybe I just like to cook unhealthy food, have a bite of it and then give it to people around me so that I don’t get fatter. And I have always found it appealing to get home to a hot, home cooked meal or a chocolate brownie just out of the oven.
9. I am ridiculously loyal. I haven’t even changed tooth paste brands because I am loyal to my current one. But it means that I will always take your side, have your back and defend you. Enough said.
10.I am an amorous person. I don’t want to go into too much detail, but I’m sure this fact will be interesting to my future boyfriend/husband.
I think that sometimes we need to remember that we area amazing people and have great qualities. I often focus on what went wrong and why it went wrong, but I forget that I am also an awesome person.
Can you name 10 of your best qualities?